Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Sandra Bullocks Oscar to be welded to her car


Sandra Bullock wants to have her Oscar welded to her car. The 45-year-old star, who picked up the Academy Award for Best Actress for her role in 'The Blind Side', wants to be reminded she is a movie star when doing mundane daily chores and has asked her husband, biker Jesse James, to attach the statue to her vehicle.

She said: I'm going to have Jesse weld the Oscar to the hood of the car. It will be there to remind me as I do the school and grocery runs. I'm taking my award food shopping. More people will see it. Sandra also admitted she has not yet come to terms with winning the award and being in the company of other Oscar-winning actresses such as Dame Helen Mirren and Meryl Streep - but is glad the ceremony is over so she can go back to leading a normal life. She told the Daily Star newspaper: It's really hard for it so sink in. Now I can go days without wearing make-up, eating cheese burgers, get back to my life walking the dogs and doing the things everybody else does. There's a sense of relief. Now I can look back and think, 'Wow, this is a little piece of history.' I'm glad I got to share this time and exhilaration with extraordinarily beautiful and talented women.

Meanwhile, Jesse, 40, has proclaimed how proud he is of Sandra, claiming he loses his breath when he looks at her. He told People magazine: It's a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to support my wife and her work. She does it all the time for me. She goes to Mexico, to the desert, to the hospital - a lot - to support me and my work. The least I can do is put on a suit and support her. She's beautiful. She's amazing. She takes my breath away. Sometimes I look at her and I do, I just lose my breath. I'm so proud of her. Nobody deserves this more and works harder. She's old-school Hollywood - just gracious and a star who's so much better than you expect them to be.

0 comments: