Tuesday, July 14, 2009

G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra Release

Counting down to the August release of 'G.I. Joe', Paramount Pictures has unleashed two brand new character posters for the action movie, focusing on Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow.

Two more character posters of "G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra" have made their way out. Uncovered by Latino Review, each of the two brand new one-sheets gives away another take on the two masked ninjas in the film, Ray Park's Snake Eyes of the G.I. Joes and Lee Byung-Hun's Storm Shadow of the Cobras.

These character posters came out a day after a series of new "G.I. Joe" stills was uncovered. Some of the photos exhibit the G.I. Joe team, which includes Rachel Nichols' Scarlett, Said Taghmaoui's Breaker, and Marlon Wayans' Ripcord among others, in their black figure-hugging costume. Some others highlight on Storm Shadow in the act.

Based on the G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero toy franchise, "G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra" is set ten years in the future and chronicling the rise of the Cobra Organization. It also revolves around Duke and Ripcord's introduction to the elite G.I. Joe team, and follows the team from the Egyptian desert to deep below the polar ice caps as they fight the corrupt arms dealer Destro and the growing threat of the Cobra in plunging the world into chaos.

Directed by "The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor" producer Stephen Sommers, the action movie sees the likes of Channing Tatum as Duke, Dennis Quaid as General Hawk, Sienna Miller as The Baroness, Joseph Gordon-Levitt as Cobra Commander and Christopher Eccleston as Destro. It is scheduled to arrive in U.S. theaters on August 7.

0 comments: